We always believe that we have the obligation to honor bloggers, OFW and supporters of our cause. We conceived the idea of honoring bloggers in different categories two years ago, and we recognize the fact that not all can relate to our yearly theme, or that not all are good in writing essays and stories or conveying their message through words. We hope our friends and fellow bloggers will support this idea and join this unique PEBA 2011 Awards!
Read and nominate now!
ANY BLOGGER, ANYWHERE!
1. Overseas and local (home based or Philippine bloggers) can join the contest. PEBA nominees in the blog entry division can still be nominated in the category division.
2. At least 6 months presence in the blogging world with at least one post per month.
3. Blog should be 60% personal in nature and not more than 40% commercial or paid ads blog posts. To qualify for a specific blog category, the blog site must contain at least 60% posts related to the category it is intending to join/participate from the 6 months of his blogging career.
4. In the event that a blog has been nominated by friends to different categories, the Nominated Blogger will be contacted by the Contest Secretariat through a Verification Form to confirm his/her PREFERRED CHOICE in the blog category that he/she intends to join.
5. During the Pre-Selection stage, the Contest Secretariat will assess and review the blog contents of all nominees and determine if each Nominee’s blog are properly classified in the correct blog group category (e.g. If a blog contains a multi or combination of personal, photo blog articles and travel blogs, for the last 6 months, his blog posts/articles will be re-assessed from the last 6 months on which category he/she has written most. If 6 months is not enough to determine the site categorization requirement, we can go further within the last 12 months of their blog career.)
6. All nominees shall be informed of their nomination for acceptance and the correct category that their blog will be entered into the contest as determined by the Secretariat.
7. Blogger who maintained various blog sites can have his/her site nominated at different categories however, he is only entitled to one blog per category. (i.e. A blogger has 3 blog sites, one is dedicated to photo blog and the remaining two sites are both for travel blogs. In the contest, he is only allowed to enter one blog for the photo blog category, and he/she has to choose on his/her remaining two sites on which one to enter for the travel blog)
8. Previous PEBA winners, except for current PEBA volunteers/bloggers are allowed to be nominated and to join in the contest.
9. Blog posts that contains sexually explicit, extreme violence or offensive languages which are not suitable for Age Group "below 18 years old" MUST BE properly declared, tagged and labeled before joining to warn the general public that the blog contents is suitable for adult and mature readers only.
10. Blog posts that contain articles that directly invoke racism (discrimination based on race and ethnic belief & skin color, religious belief, sex and sexual preferences including articles that demean the Overseas Filipino Workers) are prohibited to join this event.
11. If you find your friends or even yourself and your blog qualified for this event - Fill up the Nomination Form and read the Nomination Process.
12. A FAQ will be presented in the contest page and subject items will be introduced as necessary as we meet new queries that warrant posting on the FAQ page.
Nomination Process to the Category Division
1. PEBA invites blog writers, readers and followers to fill up the nomination form to endorse and nominate their favorite blog sites for the PEBA 2011.
2. Blog sites that are endorsed and nominated by bloggers, readers and followers must meet the PEBA General Eligibility Requirements of the PEBA 2011.
3. All blog site owners/authors who are endorsed and nominated shall be contacted by the PEBA Secretariat through email for confirmation purposes within the next few days.
4. Nominated (endorsed) blogger are requested to review the Nomination Form data given by his/her endorser for any changes and fill up other missing information’s that maybe required by the Secretariat and subsequently, nominee must submit their confirmation of their nomination by forwarding the e-mail back to the PEBA Secretariat.
5. Nominated blogger who meets all the requirements and accepts their nomination will receive a Nominee Badge from the PEBA Secretariat through e-mail and it must be displayed in his/her blog sidebar linking to PEBA Awards, www.pinoyblogawards.com as a verification requirement throughout the
A. AWARDS CATEGORIES
1. Personal Blog - Blogs written by individuals about themselves which does not necessarily adhere to a specific theme but must be specifically be about the blogger's life, his first hand account on events and his personal experiences.
2. Showbiz and Sports Blog - An entertainment blog that discuss or promote entertainment industry ranging from TV shows, theater acts, and movie films, musical shows, concerts and popular music. Sports blog discuss or analyze anything sports-related, including professional sports team, sports players and other related content.
3. Food Blog - Blog which focuses on food and recipes and its preparations which may also include restaurants reviews.
4. Fun and Entertainment Blog- Lighthearted and funny blog about life and everything that will make a reader smile or laugh
5. Gadgets and Tech Blog - This category discusses about electronic gadgets, mobiles and computers, tablets and video game consoles and other electronic machine and new gadget inventions.
6. Negosyo, Entrepreneurship and Investment Blog - Blog that focuses on world commerce which covers the modern business trends such as marketing & finance and advertising. It also discusses about remittances, rates and OFW opportunities for entrepreneurship.
7. Wellness, Beauty and Kakikayan Blog - Blog topics on beauty, fashion, personal styling, clothing, cosmetics and accessories and other related contents for men and women.
8. Literary Blog - Blogs on contemporary and modern prose and poetry where style, narrative forms and literrary merits are shared. This includes literary reviews on reviews on literary books and poems from popular authors.
9. Family and/or Inspirational Blog - This category is for blogs which center around the topics of family, raising children, marriages and relationship and inspirational, any religious and spiritual content.
10. Picture! Picture! Blog - Blog which present and feature photographs taken by the author or others and post or shared as a blog.
11. Biyaheng Blog (Travel Blog) - This category is for blog which explore world travel, tourism, travel writings which include personal account and experiences of country's culture and visited sites.
B. CRITERIA and JUDGING PROCESS
1. There will be two phases of judging process.
Selection of Finalist based on the following - A PEBA pre-selection committee (Finalists Jurors) will review all the blogs based on the following criteria’s in each category:
• Form (30%) (Element, Blog Layout, Theme, Design)
• Substance (50%) (Total Impact and Over All Blog Content)
• Originality (20%) (Uniqueness among other nominees in a particular category)
(A single or few nominees on a particular category does not guarantee a win. PEBA has certain criteria’s and standard that will be used to assess blog entries.)
2. PEBA General Board of Trustees and other selected judges will determine the final winner in each category. All the BOT and judges decisions are final, protests or reconsideration is not allowed.
3. The PEBA BOT will pick the blog winner in each category that they all believe has made a greater impact to the Filipino’s at home and abroad than the rest of the finalists.
4. Each winner in every category will receive an online badge, and a framed PEBA Certificate. Other awards and prizes, if there’s any will be announced later.
5. Deadline of nomination will be on October 31st 2011,
11:59 P.M. Philippine time.
For more details regarding the contest, email us at email@example.com
The Nomination Form:
Fill the nomination form below
©201 KABLOGS, Blogs ng mga Kababayan sa Abroad